- 05.05.2021 - 07.05.2021
- 🇩🇰 Dänemark / Aalborg
- Department of Politics and Society
- zur Website
„If the war comes“
We welcome colleagues who share an interest in civil defense and the cultural history of the atomic age to contribute to and participate in the conference.
We welcome papers that explore:
- Public interaction with the state regarding civil defense and the threat of nuclear war. Public interaction spans uniformed service as well as peace activism and other civil society activities, and may have a national/transnational and/or international perspective.
- Government and civil shelters as Cold War cultural history, including the material history of civil defense as well as the psychological preparedness and public campaigns to prepare for and act during a possible nuclear attack.
- Nuclear Cold War technology from a science and technology (STS) perspective.
- Theoretical aspects of writing the history of past futures (imagined futures) in a Cold War setting.
- How to exhibit and narrate Cold War civil defense and civil society history.
- Matthew Grant, Reader, Dept. of History, University of Essex (GB)
- Marie Cronqvist, Associate Professor, Lund University (S)
- Heike Hollunder, Museumsleiterin, Dokumentationsstätte Regierungsbunker Bonn (D)