- 06.02.2020 - 07.02.2020
- 🇫🇮 Finnland / Vaasa
- zur Website
XXXX International VAKKI Symposium
The symposium is arranged under the theme of Workplace Communication.
Workplace communication comprises many different forms, such as texts, service encounters in different professional fields, face-to-face meetings as well as digital interaction. The common nominator to these settings is that they are connected with professional roles and identities and interwoven with institutional practices.
We call for presentations and posters that interconnect for example with the following topics related to workplace communication:
- Working life communication in the context of leadership, management, marketing and technology
- Identities, relationships and interaction
- Multimodality and visuality
- Digital media
- Terminological research and terminology work
- Languages, discourses and communication skills in working life and academia
- Methodological and ethical challenges in the research of working life communication
Topics can be approached from the perspective related to the study of language or discourse, technical communication, organizational communication, strategic communication or teaching of these.
The Symposium’s keynote speakers are:
- Prof. Crispin Thurlow (University of Bern, Switzerland):
"The (Grubby) Business of Words: What ‘George Clooney’ Tells Us"
- Prof. Dorien van de Mieroop (University of Leuven, Belgium)
"Exploring narrative dimensions: The case of stories told in institutional contexts"
The working languages of the symposium are Finnish, Swedish, English and German. Presenters are invited to submit their papers after the symposium to the VAKKI publication, which is a JUFO 1-level reviewed open access publication. The publication will published at the end of 2020.
Participants may contribute with a section presentation (20 min + 5 min discussion), a workshop presentation (according to instructions from workshop leaders) or present a poster.